The attributes are data or values that may be included in the “Data Smart Boxes” primarily to qualify and classify them, and thus facilitate the searches. They are displayed in boxes or spaces designed in the templates to be covered with values or data, either by the users, or automatically by the system or as a function of the value of other attributes. They may also be covered with values that are preestablished in the “Smart Box” template.
There may exist different configurations of a same type of attribute, each one being assigned to a different group of users. Thus, for example, different attribute configurations may have been created of the type “registration of documents” each one for a different area of the company.
The typology of the attributes is as follows:
- Short text of up to 255 characters.
- Text for a report without a limit on the number of characters.
- Whole number.
- Decimal number.
- Categories with or without a hierarchy.
- List of values, in which each value may contain a text, an icon and a color.
- Date and date and time.
- Data coming from an external source (external data base).
- True or false.
- Registration of documents, that automatically generates registration numbers, dates, etc. all of this according to the configuration of the registration mask.
- Email address, that allows one to automatically send emails. One may send these emails either to a single recipient by clicking only once, or to several with the same text or customized text using Word templates together with the CIFKM groups of contacts functionality. They are always sent by means of the mail client that the user has by default.
- Telephone number, that allows one to call directly via Skype. One may also connect this attribute to a digital switchboard VoiIP to make the call automatically.
- Web page.
The sections of “Data Smart Boxes” are dedicated spaces, from the functional point of view, that are included at one´s convenience in the “Smart Box” templates, and that are displayed in the “Data Smart Boxes” created with them. They are specialized to contain:
- Files in any format, that may be classified by means of hierarchical structures of folders.
- Links to other CIFKM elements
- Notifications and scheduled warnings for the (non)occurence of certain events.
- Notes that may be communicated to other users by means of warnings, or by email, that allow for indented replies and attached files.
- Permissions where user groups are established that allow one to access the CIFKM element with determined faculties over it (sets of faculties that are grouped in element “roles”).
- States of the element, that allow one to determine the progress of a matter or process.
- Hours and expenses that allow one to register and control the times that each user has dedicated to the matter. One may indicate here to which activity the time has been devoted, and the external expenses incurred.
What do they solve?
They primarily qualify the “Data Smart Boxes” facilitating the search, but with the attributes, one can achieve much more.
The “Data Smart Boxes” are ready to include scripting code that may determine automated behaviours. Thus, depending on the value of an attribute, it may be automatically established what user groups have access to the “Smart Box” and with what faculties over it. It may also be established which user groups one should notify and of which events, and what reports and documentation one has to fill out compulsorily, etc.