Index of this page:
Related contents of the help
() Enter CIFKM
The user desktop
The CIFKM user desktop ia a window that opens when one starts CIFKM up and that one may also access from the main menu of the floating icon.
The desktop offers the following:
- The upper bar shows a function menu that comes predetermined for the user, since it is the CIFKM administrator who determines which menu needs to be shown to each user.
- The principal body where the icons are placed (shortcuts) that the user would like to have closer at hand (functions, templates, search templates, specific “smart box“ , etc.).
- “Double-clicking” over an icon, the functionality is executed or the element that the icon represents opens.
The icons may be moved over the desktop with the mouse.
- The CIFKM administrator may assign a specific desktop to each user with all the objects that will appear each time.
- The user, if he has the user role, may later add or remove other objects at his convenience. The user administrates the objects in the desktop with the context menu of the right mouse button, either placing the pointer over an icon, or over a blank space in the panel.
- Functions menu with access from the desktop.
- Context menu of the right mouse button over an object of the desktop.
- Context menu of the right mouse button over a blank space of the desktop to add or remove shortcuts and CIFKM elements.
Administration of desktops by the CIFKM administrator
The CIFKM administrator (users with the administrator role) by means of the option “Administration/Administration of desktops” of the floating icon menu may configure different types of desktops to assign them to different users. To those users who have not been assigned a specific desktop, there will appear the one that was marked as predetermined. (see point 6 of the figure).
In the administration of menus, the administrator will determine the following:
- What is the functions menu (administration of menus) that should appear in the upper bar of the user´s desktop. If none is determined, then, on the user´s desktop will be shown the menu that, in the administration of menus is marked by default. We would like to point out that each user will have a functions menu in the “floating icon ”, and the same or another, normally smaller, in the desktop.
- What are the objects that should always appear in the panel of each type of desktop, allowing for the user, if he has faculties in his “user role”, to add other additional objects (templates , “smart box”, etc.).
1.-Desktop administration window. Shows the list of the types of desktops created. With the button “New” or “Replicate” one can create new types of desktops. “Double-clicking” over a type of desktop from the list, the corresponding desktop opens.
2.-“Desktop” section. This is the one that can be seen in the figure and that allows one to add objects to the desktop.
3.-“Users” section. Allows one to add the users to whom has been assigned the desktop (this section is not visible in the figure).
4.- Add the options of the menu of selected functions to the desktop. Allows one to select the menu options of the standard CIFKM functionalities that will be added to the desktop represented by means of icons. One may not find here, the “ad-hoc” publication templates to create CIFKM elements that the company may have created, nor the search templates also created “ad-hoc” for specific purposes, nor specific CIFKM elements. These last, if we would like them to appear by default in the type of desktop that we are creating for certain users, will be added automatically by means of the button “add” of point 7 below.
5.- Select the type of functions menu that must be shown in the desktop. In the drop-down are shown all the types of functions that have been created in the “administration of menus ”. The type of menu selected will be the one that is shown in the main menu of functions of the desktop. If one doesn´t select any type of functions menu, in the desktop will be shown the type of menu marked as predetermined.
6.-Predetermined desktop. Button that allows one to mark a type of desktop which shall be the one that appears by default to the users to whom no other specific type of desktop has been asssigned.
7.-Add objects to the desktop represented by icons. The drop-down allows one to add objects created “ad-hoc” that are not standard options of point 4 above, such as: (1) “smart box” templates, (2) search templates, (3) “smart box”, (4) images.
8.- Show the calendar. If it is marked, the desktop will incorporate the user´s calendar. .
9.-Object added to the desktop represented by an icon.