Index of this page:
Contents related to the help
Alert pop-up window
This window appears automatically on the screen when one opens the application, or afterwards with the configured frequency, but if and only if the user has pending notices (not discarded) that have passed their alert date; all the notices in this situation will be shown in this window. The alert date is prior to or simultaneous to (different) to the date of the event associated to the notice. The alert date is the one that indicates when one would like an alert to appear in obtrusive fashion, which doesn´t prevent one from being able to search for notices with filters or view the “list of notices” that is located in the floating icon menu, or the notices’ windows. One may also see the notices that have been appropriately marked in the calendar.
From the pop-up window, one may administrate the notices that appear in it.
To prevent this window from popping-up, or certain notices from appearing in it, the user will have to:
(1) Delete the alert date from the selected notices, with the “Without alert” button, which doesn´t imply eliminating the notices nor their event date.
(2) Discard the selected notices, which implies modifying their status from “pending” to “discarded”, though they are not eliminated. To this end, the notices are selected, and one presses on the “Discard” or “Discard all” button. In the general administration of notices (List of notices) one may filter by these statuses.
(3) Postpone the alert date of the selected notices. To do so, the notices are selected, the box to the left of the postpone button is displayed, one selects the desired option and one presses the “Postpone” button. Attention! if one would like to postpone the alert to a specific date, instead of a period of time, either from now on or prior to the date of the event, one must select this option in the drop-down and then press the button “Postpone”; a calendar will then be displayed to select the new date and one will accept.
1. Indicates that the notice is displayed also in the user´s calendar, for example, to signal a reunion.
2. Indicates that the notice contains a “Note” associated to a CIFKM element (see notes below)
3. Indicates if the notice has any attached files.
4. Indicates the date of the event associated to the notice and the date of the alert which has caused the apparition of the of this alert pop-up window, and the notice´s inclusion in it.
5. Appears only when there is a CIFKM element associated to the notice. One may access it from here since the name of the element is a link.
6. Context menu of the right mouse button situated over any notice. One emphasizes that the context menu of the right mouse button is a functionality that is widely implemented throughout the application.
The alerts in the notices
The notices may or not have an alert date marked, which may be a specific date, or a relative date referring to the present moment or to the date of the “event” associated to the reminder. For example, if the reminder refers to a meeting (the “event”), apart from marking so that it appears, for example, in the calendar, we may like to be reminded (alert) with advance notice. For this, we wll have specified that the reminder should fire an alert with the desired advance notice.
The notices that have marked an alert date/time and have passed it, will appear in the alert pop-up window. This window fires automatically in the user´s screen in an obtrusive manner with the configured frequency, for example, every 5 minutes, but only when there is some notice that has passed its alert date.
Each user can administrate (postpone, eliminate, etc.) the alert dates of his received notices.
Which notices appear in the alert pop-up window
The notices that have an alert date marked and have passed it, will appear in the “alert pop-up window”. This window appears automatically on the user´s screen in obtrusive fashion (pop-up) with the configured frequency, for example, every 5 minutes, but only when there is some notice that has passed its alert date.
When does the alert pop-up window appear?
The window will only appear on the user´s screen if the user has received notices that have an alert date marked which they have passed.
Each user administrates the alerts of the reminders he has received
Each user administrates the alerts of the notices he has received. This administration can be carried out from the actual notice form, or more conveniently, from the “alert pop-up window”.
1. Hyperlink to the element associated to the selected notice.
2. Suppress the alert for the selected notice so that it doesn´t reappear in the window.
3. The selected notice is marked as discarded as regards the filter in the notices window.
4. The date of the alert is moved forward, selecting whatever corresponds from the first drop-down and later clicking on