The user desktop and desktop administration
Index of this page:
Related contents of the help
() Enter CIFKM
The user desktop
The desktop of the CIFKM user opens when one starts CIFKM up and one may also access it from the main menu of the floating icon.
The desktop offers the following:
- The upper bar displays a menu of functions that is predetermined for the user, since it is the CIFKM administrator who determines the menu that must be shown to each user.
- The principal body where are located the icons of/shortcuts to: functions, “smartbox” templates, search templates, specific “smartbox” etc. that the user would like to have closer at hand.
- “Double clicking” over an icon one executes the functionality or one opens the element that the icon represents.
The icons may be moved in the desktop with the mouse.
- The CIFKM administrator may assign a specific desktop to each user with the objects that will always appear to him/her.
- The user, if he has the permissions in his user role, may later add or remove other objects at his convenience. The user administrates the desktop objects with the context menu of the right mouse button, either situating the pointer over an icon, or on an empty space of the panel.
- Function menu with access from the desktop.
- Context menu of the right mouse button over an object of the desktop.
- Context menu of the right mouse button over an empty space of the desktop to add or remove shortcuts to templates and CIFKM elements.
Desktop management by the CIFKM administrator
The CIFKM administrator (users with the administrator role), by means of the submenu option “Administration/Administration of desktops” of the floating icon, may configure divers types of desktops to assign them to different users. To those users who have not been assigned a specific desktop, there will appear the one that has been marked as default (see point 6 of the figure).
In the administration of menus the administrator will determine the following:
- Which is the function menu (administration of menus) that must appear in the upper bar of the user´s desktop. If none is determined, then on the user´s desktop, the menu, which in the administration of menus is marked by default, will be shown. We would like to point out that each user will have a functions menu in the floating icon and the same or another, normally smaller, on the desktop.
- What are the objects that must always appear on the panel of each type of desktop, allowing the user to, if he has faculties in his user role, add other additional objects(templates, “smartbox“, etc.).
1.-Desktop administration window.
Shows the list of the types of desktops created. With the button “New” or “Replicate” one may create new types of desktops. Double-clicking over a type of desktop from the list the window of the corresponding type of desktop is opened.
This is the one that can be seen in the figure. It allows one to add objects to the desktop.
3.- “Users” section.
Allows one to add users to the list of those who have been assigned the desktop (this section is not visible in the figure).
4.-Add the selected options from the standard functions menu to the desktop.
Allows one to select the options from the menu of standard CIFKM functions that will be added to the desktop. One can´t find here, the “ad-hoc” publication templates to create “smartbox” that the company has created, nor the search templates also created “ad-hoc” for specific purposes, nor specific CIFKM elements. These last, if one would like them to appear by default in the type of desktop we are creating for specific users, should be added by means of the “add” button of point 7 below.
5.- Select the type of functions menu that must be displayed on the desktop.
In the drop-down are displayed all the types of functions menus that have been created in the administration of menus. The type of menu selected will be the one that will be displayed in themain menu of functions of the CIFKM desktop. If one doesn´t select any type of functions menu, in the desktop will be displayed the type of menu marked as default.
Button that allows one to mark a type of desktop so that it is the one that appears by default to the users to whom no other type of specific desktop has been assigned.
7.-Add objects to the desktop represented by icons.
8.-Display the calendar.
If it is marked, the desktop will incorporate the user´s calendar.
9.-Objects added to the desktop represented by an icon.