Index of this page:
Contents related to the help
In CIFKM all the information is distributed in “smart boxes” . A “smart box” may be thought of as a container of documentation and information. It is classified and qualified with attributes, links permissions, programmed notifications, etc. and is available to one or several users who, depending on their respective permissions over the specific element, may consult, download, contents, modify them and work in general at the required confidentiality level. Really, they are applications that function when they are installed in the user´s workpost to consult or work with their content.
Each type of “smart box” is created with a template that is configured specifically for each of the types of element that is needed in the company, and refers to, for example, a matter, a company resource to which one has to reference information, a job, an invoice, a record, etc. In the template of each type of “smart box” are defined the appearance of the window or form which one will view (lay-out), the spaces for information, the components, the sections, the attributes, the notifications that one has to send automatically, the scripting code to define the behaviours one would like to obtain, etc.
In each “smart box” are included one or several groups of users and one assigns each of them“smart box” roles, which determine the faculties that the members of the corresponding group will have over the “smart box” (for example, only view, modify, eliminate, etc.)
In the version of CIFKM that is downloaded from the site www.cifkm.com there are 5 predesigned types of template that are available to all the users. One accesses the templates:
- From the shortcut icons to the templates that are located in the CIFKM desktop
- From the floating icon menu in the “New…” option
- Clicking on the button ” of the upper “menu” bar of the desktop (see administration of menus and administration of desktops).
These templates allow the users to create “smart box“ of each of the following 5 types:
- Matter Template: to be able to register and control matters related to work, and to monitor them and consult the work done.
- Documentation Template: to create and maintain a library of classsified information.
- Contact Template: to create and maintain a corporate registry of external contacts.
- File repository template for employees that are external users or clients: it has been designed to be made available to external employees,for example the employees that are normally outside the offices (sales representatives, maintenance personnel, …) that need only consult common files or files that are specifically for each one of them from a Web browser or from the “CIFKM mobile” application prepared for Android and Ipad, or for company clients to whom we would like to offer personal or common information.
- Contact groups template: designed to be able to send emails that are common to all of them, or that are customized by means of Word documentation, and to export them to excel sheets.
The administrators may configure other CIFKM templates, to create other types of “smart box” with characteristics (attributes, links, permissions, etc.) specific to each one of them, as well as templates to run searches of “smart box” adapted to the specific needs of each group of users,that are made available to user groups. The templates include sections with differing characteristics, and may even incorporate scripting code so that the elements created with them have controls and specifically programmed behaviours, since the downloaded application has no limitations in this regard.
If one requires any type of assistance from CIF, for example, to install the application, maintain it over time, guide the administrator or user in his first steps, get the application up and running in the company, customize or learn to customize and design element or search templates, for support and training in general, etc., do not hesitate, contact CIF where you may purchase vouchers for assistance time at http://store.cif.es .
The “smart box“ templates are made discretionally available to users (internal and/external) or groups of users,as a function of the tasks or searches that each one has to perform. Thus, there may be specific templates for concrete areas of the company, for committees, specific persons, etc., that will only be visible to those who have to use them to create or search for “smart box“. All or only some of the components of a “smart box” may be preconfigured in the corresponding template.
The “smart box” which one would like to access from a Web-browser or from the “CIFKM mobile” applications designed for Ipad and Android, have a box marked in the configuration of their templates that facilitates this, taking into account that the company may only wish certain information from being accessible with a Web-browser.
The templates therefore, are the CIFKM entities that are used to define and configure the specific characteristics of each of the different types of “smart box” that each organization may require, which may include permissions and faculties. Each template is made available to one or several “groups of users” by means of their inclusion in it. Thus, the member users of the group or groups authorized in the template (that may be personal groups with a single member) may view it and use it to create “smart box” of the type corresponding to the template.
The templates may incorporate scripting code with algorithms to achieve certain fixed behaviours, and certain intelligence, for example when assigning a certain value to an attribute (that defines a type of matter), certain groups of users may automatically be included in the element, who will be responsable for and/or must handle the matter.
Description of the “SMARTBOX MATTER” and “SMARTBOX DOCUMENTATIÓN”
We shall only describe the “Matter” smartbox since the “Documentation” smartbox is similar but simpler.
For its description, we divide the “Matter” window in three parts that are shown in the figure:
- Part A of the figure is the identification of the matter
- Part B of the figure are the data and attributes of the element, that we have wished to make visible, and that are not hidden in tabs or sections. Any attribute will facilitate future searches since one will be able to use it as a filter.
- Part C of the figure displays different sections or work tabs, that refer to: files, user permissions, tracking of actions, communications, links, etc.
1. Edit. Allows one to copy the hyperlink to the element to later paste it to an email, any text, etc. or in the links section of any other CIFKM “smart box“. Clicking on the hyperlink thus created, the user may access directly the CIFKM element, but only if he has access permissions. In each “smart box“ in the permissions section one determines which users may access it and with what faculties.
2.New reminder. Clicking on the button, a reminder is opened with the “smart box” linked to it. There are other ways to do this.
3.Maximize sections. If it is marked, Parts A nd B of the element disappear from sight and Part C is amplified , so as to have more space to work.
In Part B there appear the element attributes that one has not wished to be hidden in tabs, but rather that they be directly visible when the “smart box” is opened.
We refer only to those that are singular, bearing in mind that it is the design of a concrete template for a specific purpose:
1.Is an internal reference. The company creates thousands of “smart box” of different types, but some specific ones such as, for example, those associated to clients, or to specific company resources, it would like to use as references to other “smart box“. Thus, this box is marked to facilitate its search from the other “smart box” with which one would like to link it. Specifically, this box is not marked in the “smart box” of the figure, so it will not appear in the rapid “smart box” searches for references.
2. Internal Ref. This “smart box” uses and is linked to another “smart box” marked as an internal reference. From this box one can search for all the internal references (“smartbox” linked to it) rapidly.
3. External Ref. This is an attribute whose predefined values are data from one or several tables of any other management data base different to CIFKM. It is useful when, for example, one has a very large number of clients whose data is managed in a specific management application. The CIFKM “smart box” may be linked to data from the tables of that other data base that will serve to classify the “smart box“.
4.State. Displays the state of the procedure to ease the monitoring for the responsable party.
The components of Part C are described in other sections:
- FILES section of a “smart box”
- PERMISSIONS section of a “smart box”
- NOTES section of a “smart box”
- LINKS section of a “smart box”
- HOURS AND EXPENSES section of a “smart box”
- NOTIFICATIONS section of a “smartbox”
- ATTRIBUTES section of a “smartbox”
Description of the “SMARTBOX CONTACT”
Many of the components of the “Contact” template are the same as those of the “Matter” template, but others are specific to it; these are the ones we describe below:
1.- Linked company. If the contact is linked to another contact that represents a company, i.e. in whose window is marked the box of point 2 below, one will be able to search for, and insert a link with this company. This is not an editable attribute, but rather one searches for its value by means of the rapid search engine. This link is very useful, for example, for the contacts (persons) of the staff of a client company, provider, etc…
2.-Is a Company. With the box marked, the contact qualifies as a company, otherwise another panel appears as one can see in the figure for individuals that allows one to insert a photo.
3.-Is a client/reference. This is marked to qualify the contact and be able to use it to classify other “smart box” where appears the box . Thus each client/provider (contacts) may be linked rapidly and visibly with the matters (CIFKM element “matter”) that are related to him. This box is a link that has been drawn in the upper part for the “smart box” template data so that they may be selected with a rapid search from the actual box. These links allow one to classify the “smart box“ and later use them as a search filter for those other “smart box“ linked to it.
4.- Add contact to this company. With this button one may open another contact that will be linked to the company that one is creating and will be visible as linked in the section “associated links”. Thus, when one creates a company contact one may create associated contacts that may be other companies or its work centers, or members of its staff.
5.- Create external user. With this button one may create an external user from a contact without having to retype the data that are already in the contact window. At the same time, a private and/or shared files repository will be created which the external user may access (view section following “Private and/or shared files repository for external users”). This is a shortcut that avoids many manual steps to obtain the same result. This shortcut has been programmed in the “contact” template with “Java-Script code” because frequently, after having created a CIFKM contact window, the person or company registered as contact will become a recurrent client and we would like to create it as an external user to associate it to a private files repository where he/it may find its documentation.
6.-Locate in Google Maps. Any address entered in the window is positioned and shown in Google Maps and the geographic coordinates are determined, which may later be passed on to a mobile GPS device.
7.-Telephone and email. As far as telephone numbers, the main feature is that, clicking on the associated button, an options menu is opened to call automatically, either by means of the company´s digital switchboard, or from the Skype application (if the user´s computer has it installed) with the telephone number incorporated and ready to call. With the button associated to the email, a new email is opened with the email client that the user has marked by default his computer, and with the contact´s address ready included.
8- Sections. Allows one to incorporate and/or view links to other “smart box“, administrate access permissions and faculties, files, and information associated to the contact to be able to access it rapidly.
Files repository for employees or clients that are going to consult (download documentation by means of a Web-browser, smartphone, or Android tablet, Apple,…
In the backoffice of companies, the employees normally use desktops or laptops with the CIFKM client program installed, to make use of the majority of the application functionalities (for each one of them an internal user license will be necessary). However, other employees that develop sales activities, maintenence activities,… outside the company, and that stay in touch with the company by means of smartphones or tablets may be registered as external users (whose license is free), and may consult the documentation of the files repository that is available to them via a Web-browser or an Android or Apple “app”.
Sometimes, we will be interested in making the personal and common documentation available to the clients. These will be registered as external users,and they may consult and download the documentation using a Web-browser. In certain businesses this service will be aimed at cultivating the loyalty of customers.
The files repository
The files repository is a type of “smart box“, that has only that which is necessary to serve as document storage area to be made available to either internal or external users, to be used basically from a Web-browser or from Android or Apple mobile devices.
It has the following sections:
- Files section, in which these may be classified in folders and subfolders.
- Notes section, with all its functionalities.
- Links section, for example, to be able to link it with contacts (clients, providers,…)
- Notifications section, for example, to be able to send programmed alerts by email to certain users when a new document is added.
- Permissions section, to determine who has faculties to administrate and modify (add or remove documents). It will be the internal users who are responsable for the administration of the repository and the external users who may consult it and who will have the “read” role in it.
The files repository, apriori has no attributes, since the number of them available to each user will not be very high and it will be easy for him to select what he is looking for from a list or with texts from the “smart box” ; all of them will be indexed.
The template to create files repositories is configured with the box marked so that it is visible from a Web-browser.
The Web development has been carried out with the mobile devices in mind, so that it is easy to select and slide in the touch sensitive screen.
- The repository is a “smart box” created with a specific template that is configured (with the box marked) so that it is visible from a Web-browser or from the “CIFKM mobile” applications prepared for Ipad and Android.
- The employee/client/provider, registered as an external user will have immediate and direct access to the repository and will only have to identify him/herself (name and password) in the Web site of the company that provides the service. For this, the client will be assigned the consultation and repository files download from among the element roles.
- The internal users responsable for the administration of the repository will have been given the permissions and necessary faculties to do so (CIFKM element role), for example, the repository administrate role.
- The repository for a client will be linked to his contact window so that it is visible from it by the people in charge of his account.
We must emphasize that the external user licenses are free. Thus, any company with CIFKM may offer a file repository service to its clients, its sales representatives and employees whose activity is mostly carried out outside the office.