Index of this page:
Contents related to the help
The Copy and Paste, Drag and Drop functionalities are widely implemented throughout CIFKM.
- The files are uploaded to one of the Files sections of the “Smart Box” (there may exist several sections of files in a “smartbox” template).
- CP/DD allows one to upload and download files from the PC to CIFKM and viceversa.
- CP/DD files from a CIFKM element to another CIFKM site replicates the files copied in the other site.
- CP/DD CIFKM files over an editable space for text of a Word document or equivalent, or over a window that admits editable text such as the body of an email, a hyperlink will be created displaying the route that leads to the CIFKM file.
This is a convenient way of uploading and downloading files from or to the CIFKM elements and of replicating them from some elements to others.
If one CP/DD one folder from the PC to the files section of an element, the folder with its content will be replicated in the site marked as the destination of the folder in the element.
To download a folder from the files section of an element to the PC, one has to select the function save in disk of the context menu of the right mouse button, situating the pointer over the folder.
The drag and drop function allows one to reorganize the files, folders and subfolders within one element.
Not only can one CP/DD files, but also the actual CIFKM elements. The behaviour of this functionality is as follows:
- If the destination site of this operation is one of the links sections of another element, both elements will be linked in such a way that either one of them will be able to access the other (conditioned by the faculties of the users over each of the elements)
- If the destination site of the operation is the CIFKM desktop, a link will be created in it to the element showing the corresponding icon.
- If the destination site is the text of a document or of an email, in this will be copied the URL address (hyperlink) that allows one to access the element directly. However, the user will have to accredit himself with his credentials and will only be able to access the element if he has the faculties to do so (for example, because he is a member of a group of users that has privileges over the element).
The files or the folders of the PC will be automatically uploaded to My Pending Documents