Contents related to the help
The administration of the registration of new users, either internal or external (only Web), corresponds to those persons who are administrators in their user roles. The CIFKM administrators access the administration of the entry of users with the option administration/add new users of the Floating Icon.
When a new user is added, he may be assigned:
- His credential (name and password or an electronic certificate). Initially the credential is a name and password that CIFKM automatically creates, afterwards the user may enter with this credential and in his user window may modify it and may also add electronic certificates that may identify him.
- A user role from among those that have been configured.
- The groups of users who he has been assigned, either as a member or as a non-member user with permissions in the group.
- The functions menu that he will be shown in the Floating Icon.
- The type of CIFKM desktop that he will be shown, allowing for the user to add more elements and templates and figures.
- The user´s email, to which he will be sent his credential so that he may enter CIFKM.
If, in the form to add new users, the box has been marked , the new user will receive the credentials by email. Afterwards, entering his user window he may modify his credentials.
Create users assigning them an internal or external user license.
1.- Displays the number of available internal and external user licenses.
2.- Indicates the name that has been assigned to the active CIFKM installation upon registration and the account that has been associated to it at the on-line CIFKM store. If new internal user licenses have been purchased at the on-line store with the associated account, these will be added automatically to the application and they may be assigned to new users.
3.- Access link to the on-line store http://store.cif.es to purchase additional internal user licenses, or to purchase assistance time. From here, one may access the store with the account and password associated to the active CIFKM installation, which means that the additionally purchased licenses will automatically be incorporated to it.
5.- Box to mark that the user will be created as external. If the box is not marked, the user will be an internal user.
6.- Email address to which the new user´s credentials will be sent, once he has been registered in the application.
7.– Roles: Click on the three dots button, to display the role assignment window. Select one or more roles for the user.
8.- Groups. Click on the “three dots” button to select the groups. The user will belong to the selected groups, and “group roles” will be marked in each one of them.
9.- Other permissions. Faculties or permissions over other groups of which he is not a member will be assigned to the user. When those groups are included in others this user will not be included.
10.- Menu. Assign the menu that the new user will use. Open the window of menu selection clicking on the three dots button. If no menu is specified, he will be assigned the menu that has been marked by default.
11.- Desktop. Specify the user´s work desktop. If no work desktop is specified, he will be assigned the desktop that was marked by default. One will proceed exactly as above.
12.- Credentials. Assign the initial credentials with which the user will identify himself in the application. Then, the actual user from his user window may modify his name and password at his convenience.
The application that is downloaded from the Web page has an embedded server, that doesn´t manage the digital certificates of the users as an identification means, nor the domain or LDAP, but only the username and password.
To be able to use digital certificates as a means of identification, one has to have installed a Web server that supports them. If you have any doubt, please contact CIF.
The users may also identify themselves by means of a domain, so that they are automatically identified via their workstations, without having to retype the name and password nor use a digital certificate to identify themselves in the application. Please ask CIF for assistance at http://store.cif.es since all this is possible in CIFKM, but it has not been possible to include in a packaged system to be downloaded and easily installed.
13.- Import users This is a way of entering the data of future users massively in this window without having to type them in. There are several possibilities.
CIFKM provides an Excel sheet model. The steps to be followed are:
- Press on the button “download Excel model of entries”
- Save the Excel model in the PC.
- Fill out the data in an Excel sheet.
- Select “import from Excel file”.
- In the Excel sheet the users to be imported are selected and one then presses “add selection”. The users with their data will appear in the window: “Registration of users and administration of licenses”
- Lastly, press on the button “Create users”.
14.- Configure users in batch. Allows an initial common configuration for a selected set, allowing for later customization.
15. Marking this box, the credentials will be sent to each user by email.
16.- Create users. Once all the users´data (the minimum data are: name, last name and email) has been filled out, one clicks on the button “Create users” to proceed with the creation of those that have been selected. If one does not have internal user licenses available, one may purchase them at http://store.cif.es or one may have to discharge some user, so that his license becomes available.
A new window will be displayed with the results of the process.
The upper panel of the window displays a list with the users that have been properly created allowing one to open the window of any selected user.
In the lower panel are displayed those that have not been created because there have been incidences in the process. In each user line, the reason for the error is described. It may then be solved, and clicking on “Retry”, the creation process can be completed. Both lists can be exported to Excel.